- Enter your household electricity by month. Use the total kWh from the most current month’s bill. Since it’s likely your April bill will not have arrived by May 1st, use your March bill. You can go back and update the entry when the next actual bill arrives.
- If natural gas cannot be entered as an item, you can enter it as heat as a gas boiler. Just like your electricity bill, enter the most recent month’s bill and update it when the new bill arrives.
- Enter things you do regularly as recurring events to save time. For example, your daily commute by car can be entered to recur 5 days a week. Meals can also be put in as recurring events.
- Enter meals by meal type rather than ingredient.
- Purchases may not show up when you search for an item, but you can enter them under spending in the closest category. Make sure to change the currency (bottom right) before entering the amount you spent.